My research lies in the area of supply chain management, with primary focus on the supply chain risk management. I am also interested in incentive and contracting, pricing and inventory management, sustainable and socially responsible operations, interfaces of operations and finance/marketing, and their applications in addressing real-world operational challenges. Here are my SSRN and Google Scholar links.
- Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Management Under Fluctuating Procurement Costs (with Nan Yang and Renyu Zhang), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 17(3): 321-334.
- On the Properties of Yield Distributions in Random Yield Problems: Conditions, Class of Distributions and Relevant Applications (with Panos Kouvelis and Nan Yang), Production and Operations Management 27(7): 1291-1302.
- Role of Risk Aversion in Price Postponement under Supply Random Yield (with Panos Kouvelis and Nan Yang), Management Science 67(8): 4826-4844.
- Procurement Strategies with Unreliable Suppliers under Correlated Random Yields (with Lingxiu Dong, Xin Geng and Nan Yang), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 24(1):179-195.
- Impact of Social Interactions on Duopoly Competition with Quality Considerations (with Xin Geng and Xiaomeng Guo), Management Science 68(2): 941-959.
- Benefit of Backup Sourcing for Components in Assembly Systems under Supply Uncertainty (with Wenting Pan, and Rick So), European Journal of Operational Research 302(1): 158-171.
- Duopoly Pricing Strategies with Quality Improvement Spillover (with Zepeng Chen, Xin Geng, Xiaomeng Guo), Naval Research Logistics 69(7): 958-973.
- Horizontal Outsourcing and Price Competition: The Role of Sole Sourcing Commitment (with Xiaomeng Guo, Joice Hu and Panos Kouvelis), Production and Operations Management 31(8): 3198-3216.
- Supply Diversification under Random Yield: The Impact of Price Postponement (with Lingxiu Dong and Nan Yang), Production and Operations Management 32(4): 1112-1132
- Optimal Contract Design for a National Brand Manufacturer under Store Brand Private Information (with Xinyan Cao, Xiang Fang, and Nan Yang), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 25(5): 1835-1854
- Supply Risk Mitigation in a Decentralized Supply Chain: Price Postponement or Payment Postponement? (with Xiaomeng Guo, Xin Geng, and Nan Yang), accepted by Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
- Crowdfunding Adoption in the Presence of Word-of-Mouth Communication (with Fasheng Xu, Xiaomeng Guo and Fuqiang Zhang), Foundations and Trends® in Technology, Information and Operations Management 15(3), 247-265.
Papers under Review/Revision
- Study of Hybrid (Push-Pull) Wholesale Price Contracts within Random Yield Supply Chains (with Panos Kouvelis), under 2nd round major revision at MSOM
- To Keep Price Consistency or Not: Multi-Channel Retailing with Consumer Fairness Concern (with Xiaomeng Guo, Yumeng Li, and Wenxin Xu), under a major revision at MSOM
- Adoption of Corporate Social Responsibility under Asymmetric Information (with Xiaomeng Guo and Fuqiang Zhang), under reject and resubmit at MS
- Purchasing at a Responsive Price for Supply Resilience: Impact of Credible Quantity Threat and Supply Diversification (with Baozhuang Niu, Lingfeng Wang, and Nan Zhang), under reject and resubmit at POM
- Crowdfunding or Bank Financing: Effects of Market Uncertainty and Awareness Expansion (with Xiaomeng Guo, Fasheng Xu and Fuqiang Zhang) --- Accepted for 2019 MSOM iFORM SIG conference
- Crowdfunding Strategy in the Presence of Social Interactions (with Xiaomeng Guo, Fasheng Xu and Fuqiang Zhang)
- Innovation Against Imitation: How to Compete with Copycats in Crowdfunding? (with Zepeng Chen, Xiaomeng Guo and Fasheng Xu) --- Accepted for 2023 MSOM iFORM SIG conference
- Impact of Capacity Constraint and Consumer Heterogeneity on Product Differentiation (with Yueshan Yu and Fuqiang Zhang)
- Sourcing Strategy for Assembly Systems with Corporate Social Responsibility Considerations (with Xiaomeng Guo, Yunjuan Kuang, and Fuqiang Zhang)
- Sourcing Under Supply Uncertainty: Impact of Tariff and Shipping Cost (with Lei Chen, Amanda Wang and Jingwen Xu)
- Channel Competition with Negative Social Interactions (with Xiaomeng Guo and Xue Zhao)
- Optimal Component Procurement Sequence in Assembly Systems under Supply Uncertainty (with Rick So and Sammi Tang)
Selected Working Papers
- Noisy Disclosure and Price Signaling (with Yuhong Chen and Xiaomeng Guo)
External Competitive Grants
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $292,492, 2019-2020.
- Co-I: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $442,453, 2019-2021.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $387,605, 2020-2021.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $378,120, 2021-2022.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $611,993, 2022-2023.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $502,565, 2024-2026.
- LGT5015: Supply Chain Management (MSc Core)
- LGT5037: Project Management (MSc Elective)
- LGT5426: Managing Innovation (MSc Elective)
- LGT6007: Digital Supply Chain Management (DFinTech Elective)
- Editorial Review Board: Production and Operations Management (2023 -- Present)
- Reviewer: Management Science, Operations Research, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Naval Research Logistics, Omega: The International Journal of Management Science, Operations Research Letters, Decision Sciences, Service Science, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering
- Session Chair: POMS (2018, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023), INFORMS International (2018), POMS International (2023), CSAMSE (2019, 2023), POMS-HK (2020, 2023).
- Co-Chair: POMS-HK Best Student Paper Competition (2023)
- Judge: POMS-HK best student paper competition (2019, 2020, 2023)
- Judge: INFORMS Behavioral Operations Management Best Working Paper Award (2022, 2023)
- Judge: CSAMSE Best Paper Competition (2023)
- Reviewer: MSOM SCM SIG (2023)
- PolyU Business School Fellow Award, 2021, 2023
- OMEGA Best Reviewer Certificate Award for 2022
- Nominated for President's Awards (in both Research and Teaching Categories), 2022
- PolyU Business School Faculty Award (Teaching), 2022
- PolyU Business School Faculty Award (Outstanding Young Researcher), 2021
- M&SOM Meritorious Service Award, 2020, 2021
- Outstanding Research Award for Young Scholar, The 13th Workshop on Behavioral Operations Management, 2021