My research lies in the area of supply chain management, with primary focus on the supply chain risk management. I am also interested in incentive and contracting, pricing and inventory management, sustainable and socially responsible operations, interfaces of operations and finance/marketing, and their applications in addressing real-world operational challenges. Here are my SSRN and Google Scholar links.
- Dynamic Pricing and Inventory Management Under Fluctuating Procurement Costs (with Nan Yang and Renyu Zhang), Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 17(3): 321-334.
- On the Properties of Yield Distributions in Random Yield Problems: Conditions, Class of Distributions and Relevant Applications (with Panos Kouvelis and Nan Yang), Production and Operations Management 27(7): 1291-1302.
- Procurement Strategies with Unreliable Suppliers under Correlated Random Yields (with Lingxiu Dong, Xin Geng and Nan Yang), forthcoming in Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Role of Risk Aversion in Price Postponement under Supply Random Yield (with Panos Kouvelis and Nan Yang), forthcoming in Management Science.
- Impact of Social Interactions on Duopoly Competition with Quality Considerations (with Xin Geng and Xiaomeng Guo), forthcoming in Management Science.
Papers under Review/Revision
- Study of Hybrid (Push-Pull) Wholesale Price Contracts within Random Yield Supply Chains (with Panos Kouvelis), under 2nd round major revision.
- Horizontal Outsourcing and Price Competition: The Role of Sole Sourcing Commitment (with Joice Hu and Panos Kouvelis), under 2nd round major revision.
- Effect of Consumer Awareness on Corporate Social Responsibility under Asymmetric Information (with Xiaomeng Guo and Fuqiang Zhang), under 2nd round major revision.
- Crowdfunding or Bank Financing: Effects of Market Uncertainty and Word-of-Mouth Communication (with Xiaomeng Guo, Fasheng Xu and Fuqiang Zhang), under reject and resubmit (This paper is selected for the 2019 iFORM SIG conference).
- Supply Risk Mitigation in a Decentralized Supply Chain: Price Postponement or Payment Postponement? under reject and resubmit (with Xiaomeng Guo, Xin Geng, and Nan Yang)
- Supply Diversification under Random Yield: The Impact of Price Postponement (with Lingxiu Dong and Nan Yang).
- Impact of Capacity Constraint and Consumer Heterogeneity on Product Differentiation (with Yueshan Yu and Fuqiang Zhang)
- Store Brand Introduction under Private Information (with Xinyan Cao, Xiang Fang, and Nan Yang)
Selected Working Papers
- Managing a Multi-component Assembly System with Corporate Social Responsibility Consideration (with Xiaomeng Guo, Yunjuan Kuang, and Fuqiang Zhang)
- Managing a Multi-component Assembly System with Supply Random Yields (with Rick So and Sammi Tang)
- Multi-channel Retailing in the Presence of Consumer Fairness Concern (with Xiaomeng Guo, Yumeng Li, and Wenxin Xu)
- Noisy Disclosure and Price Signaling under Asymmetric Information (with Yuhong Chen and Xiaomeng Guo)
External Competitive Grants
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $292,492, 2019-2021.
- Co-I: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $442,453, 2019-2021.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $387,605, 2020-2022.
- PI: HKRGC-GRF Grant, $378,120, 2021-2024.
- , LGT5015: Supply Chain Management (MSc Core)
- LGT5037: Project Management (MSc Elective)
- LGT5426: Managing Innovation (MSc Elective)
- LGT6007: Digital Supply Chain Management (DBA Elective)
- Reviewer: Operations Research, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Naval Research Logistics, Omega: The International Journal of Management Science, Operations Research Letters, Decision Sciences, International Journal of Production Economics
- Session Chair: POMS (2018, 2020, 2021), INFORMS International (2018), CSAMSE (2019), POMS-HK (2020)
- Judge: POMS HK best student paper competition (2019, 2020)